Moving to San Diego or planning a visit? There are lots of cool things to do in San Diego, California, which is the eighth largest city in the United States. Known as “America’s Finest City,” San Diego is a favorite travel destination for visitors around the world and a great place to call “home” for the local residents.
San Diego is known around the country beautiful weather, pristine beaches and friendly people. Here are five top choices for kid-friendly things to do in San Diego:
- San Diego Zoo and Safari Park – Adults and children of all ages will enjoy visiting this world-famous zoo and enormous wildlife preserve safari.
- Belmont Park– This beachfront amusement park features roller coasters, family-friendly rides, arcade games and shopping.
- Legoland California – One of San Diego’s most beloved attractions, this unique theme park has 50+ LEGO-themed rides designed for the whole family.
- Whale Watching – This is a “must do” activity if you are visiting during the months of December through April. Each year approximately 20,000 gray whales migrate from the Bering Sea to the lagoons of Baja California and back again. Witness this amazing journey and prepare to be blown away!
- Coronado Island – Escape to this quaint little beach town just a quick ferry ride from downtown San Diego. Home of the world famous Hotel Del Coronado, this seaside retreat is also ranked as one of the top beaches in the United State for families.
One of the beauties of San Diego is the plethora of activities and attractions to explore. To check out more of what San Diego has to offer, visit: http://www.sandiego.com. Do you have a favorite spot to visit in San Diego? Stop by our Facebook page and share with us and our online community. You just might see your comment featured in our next e-newsletter.
And if you are looking for movers in San Diego, California, don’t forget that 1-800-PACK-RAT offers local and long-distance moving to and from San Diego.